Why not? Everyone else makes predictions. How hard could it be? So this will all happen in 2012.
- Frustrated by the lack of ability to find somebody better than Mitt Romney, Republicans will instead nominate Ronald Reagan’s legacy. Should the legacy be elected, a Super Ronnie Committee will be formed to base decisions based on interpretations of Reagan’s legacy as it has been reshaped since his death.
- Donald Trump and that idiot that used to be governor of Alaska will continue to threaten to run for President. Their ego will continue to believe that people care, but somehow their instincts will allow them to avoid actually entering the contest and getting crushed and ending the speculation.
- People will realize that debating Tim Tebow’s skills as a quarterback and/or his relationship to God is a pointless exercise and he will just be another NFL quarterback.
- Becoming even more emboldened, Republicans will stop with any pretense otherwise and go all in with support for the
richjob creators and propose totally flipping the tax brackets, allowing the richjob creators to pay no taxes while the poordredges of society pay 35%. The richjob creators will be defined as those earning more than $200,000 annually. Democrats will of course fight back. They will “compromise” with the GOP, raising the definition to $225,000. There will be much praise that government still works for the people.
- We will bomb another country. I mean, chances are we will, right?
- This is the year we finally learn that chemtrails are real after all!
- The world will cease to exist on December 21st at 11:59:59 pm. The world will resume its existence on December 22nd at 12:00:00 am.
- This blog will become bigger than Google, Facebook, and YouTube combined!
- I will have my first injury-free calendar year as a runner.
- Just so that I get at least one prediction right, none of the above predictions will become true (except for the one about running, I really, REALLY want that to happen, darn it!).
Happy New Year!